Long Distance Relationships can be challenging and difficult. However, generally not anymore challenging and difficult than a regular relationship. Just like a relationship where the parties live within the same area geographically, long distance relationships are relationships between two people who love and care for each other. The major difference is that in a long distance relationship, spending time together in the physical sense is less common. At times, this can lead one or both parties to feel as if the romantic spark is missing, or is being put on hold until the two parties can be reunited again.
Romance is important to both parties in the relationship. Even if the two of you are challenged by distance, this doesn’t mean you have to put romance on the back burner. There are many ways you and your sweetheart can still be and feel romantic.
Put the romance in your long distance relationship by:
– Investing in a set of webcams and then video chatting with one another.
– Send romantic, sexy email to one another.
– Write a real, romantic, old-fashioned letter to your love. Spritz some of your cologne or perfume on the letter prior to mailing.
– Send your sweetheart flowers just to show your love.
– Send a care package to your love. Fill it with favorite treats, coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and a special mug. Include a snuggly robe that your sweetie can wear and feel as if he or she is wrapped in your arms.
– Call a local take-out restaurant in their area and have dinner delivered to your love. Then, get on the phone and have dinner together.
– Send romantic, loving, text messages.
– Start a blog together where you can each go to blog your feelings for one another and upload current photos.
– Burn a cd of favorite songs and send to your sweetheart.
– Play online games together such as Scrabble or Bingo.
– Buy matching pajamas and wear them on nights that you are separated.
– Make a calendar for your partner to hang on the wall. Mark your important dates and anniversary and dates that you plan on being together. Have it personalized with photos of the two of you.
– Make a collage of photos and cut out sexy phrases to glue on with the pictures.
– Fill a jar with Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses and place a note on the jar stating the jar is for emergency hugs and kisses.
Planning your next reunion is also a wonderful way to keep your long distance relationship romantic. If possible set a time limit for how long the relationship is going to stay long distance. Even with all the strides made in technology, there is still no substitute for touching and smelling your partner. Realize that each of you is going to have contact with people the other one does not know. Make sure you both work on trusting each other. Be realistic and give yourselves time to achieve the goals that have caused the separation to begin with, at the end of that time re-evaluate where you stand and see if you are both ready for the next step.
Ensure that the communication line is kept open. Talk on the phone frequently. Tell each other how you feel and if there is a problem work it out and talk it our immediately. Do not let anger fester or quit talking to one another. With good communication, a long distance relationship can be just as rewarding and romantic as one that is not restricted by geography.